About the Position
As a member of the architectural team, the Building Enclosure Specialist will be responsible for the development of enclosure designs for existing building remediation, upgrades and new construction projects.
- Reviewing and analyzing existing site and building conditions and documentation;
- Preparing recommendations for remedial work;
- Collaborating with architectural and engineering teams;
- Preparing documentation for owner review and costing;
- Preparing documentation for tendering and construction; and
- Participating in and conducting contract administration services.
Preference will be given to a well-rounded individual who strives to push design innovation with a strong understanding of building sciences principles. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with detailing and preparation of construction documents for building envelope projects or applicable scope of new construction/renovation projects.
- Experience with BIM software, specifically Autodesk Revit is an asset.
- An undergraduate and/or post-graduate degree in Architecture, or an Architectural Technology diploma or degree (Technologists with comprehensive project experience may also be considered)