About the Position
We are looking to add a Building Condition Assessor to our team. They will be responsible for the evaluation of building components within our clients’ facilities. This position includes:
- Conducting elemental evaluation of building components for a variety of institutional clients across the country.
- Documenting building components with written descriptions and photographs.
- Analyzing building systems documented in photographs and extrapolating condition information.
- Collaborating alongside a broad, multidisciplinary consultant team and our client groups.
- Producing comprehensive building condition reports using audit software and client-determined templates.
- Data entry within established guidelines in client-specified software (training will be provided).
- Contributing to office endeavours and initiatives, including business development activities.
- Possessing familiarity with building maintenance and repair with a focus on collaborative problem-solving based on life-cycle cost analysis.
Preference will be given to a self-motivated individual who learns quickly, enjoys periodic travel, and is familiar with building science, components, and their condition, especially architectural and interior finishes. Applicants should be familiar with construction, engineering, architecture, or a related field. Candidates should be comfortable working in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Adobe Acrobat, display strong attention to detail, and enjoy producing clear, comprehensive reports. Specific asset validation software training will be provided.