About the Position
The Building Condition Assessor will be responsible for documenting, evaluating, and reporting on building components within client facilities. This role includes:
- Conducting elemental evaluation of building components for a variety of institutional clients across the country;
- Documenting building components with written descriptions and photographs;
- Analyzing building systems based on written and photographic documentation, and extrapolating condition information;
- Collaborating alongside a broad, multi-disciplinary consultant team and our client groups;
- Producing comprehensive building condition reports using audit software and/or client-determined templates;
- Data entry within established guidelines in client-specified software (training will be provided);
- Contributing to office endeavours and initiatives, including business development activities; and
- Possessing familiarity with building maintenance and repair with a focus on collaborative problem-solving, based on life-cycle cost analysis.
Preference will be given to a self-motivated individual who is a quick learner, has superior writing and organization skills with the proven ability to work on multiple reports at the same time, is familiar with building systems and components, especially architectural and interior finishes. Applicants should be familiar with construction, engineering, architecture, or a related field. Candidates should be comfortable working in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and Adobe Acrobat. Specific asset validation software training will be provided.