About the Position
We are looking to add a Conservation Architect to our team, responsible for leading and monitoring the design process for conservation, historic, and heritage architecture projects from inception to completion. This position includes:
- Interpretation of building conservation standards for historically significant facilities for renovation projects.
- Working with architects and interior designers to develop heritage preservation planning services for a diverse group of clients.
- Providing on-site assessment, analysis, recommendations and advice on projects involving historic buildings.
- Research on building history and preparation of heritage statements.
- Working on a variety of cultural, defence and educational projects across the country.
- Collaborating alongside a broad, multidisciplinary consultant team and our client groups.
- Contributing to office endeavors and initiatives.
Preference will be given to a motivated individual or an architect who enjoys periodic travel and has familiarity with historic building standards and heritage preservation. Related work experience, a minimum of 5 years of experience and registered membership with a provincial architectural association or the AIA an asset.