About the Position
We are looking to add a Building Condition Assessor to our team, responsible for the evaluation of building components within our clients’ facilities. This position includes:
- Conducting elemental evaluation of building components for a variety of institutional clients across the country.
- Documentation of building components with written descriptions and photographs.
- Collaborating alongside a broad, multidisciplinary consultant team and our client groups.
- Producing comprehensive building condition reports using audit software and client-determined templates.
- Contributing to the office endeavours and initiatives including business development activities.
- Familiarity with building maintenance and repair with a focus on collaborative problem-solving based on life cycle cost analysis.
Preference will be given to a motivated individual who enjoys periodic travel and has familiarity with building science, building components and their condition, especially architectural and interior finishes. Applicants should be familiar with construction, engineering, architecture, or a related field. Candidates should be comfortable working in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Adobe Acrobat. Specific asset validation software training will be provided.